CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION
Background Check Enter Your Volunteer Hours
Women In Need understands that volunteers are the lifeline of any organization. Volunteers increase our capacity, as a non-profit organization, to have a greater impact within our services areas, increasing the number of clients we serve and the lives we save.
WIN values its volunteers and appreciates the time and talent volunteers give so generously. In fact, volunteers are some of our most valued assets, with a labor rate of $28.54 per volunteer hour, that can translate to over $12,000 per year if a volunteer donates 10 hours per week 45 weeks per year.
That number is crucial in the non-profit world where every dollar counts. It enables us to continue expanding our services and the number of clients served.
Individual volunteer categories:
- Traditional - Individual who volunteers consistently with no remuneration exchanged for service hours.
- Shelter Volunteers – Shelter volunteers must complete three months or 45 hours of volunteer service in another area before approval for working in the Shelter. Exception: If a WIN Staff Member or Board Member knows the volunteer or organization, or prior approval granted by WIN Management. This information is provided to the Volunteer Coordinators or Outreach Coordinator.
- Intern - Individual who volunteers for experience and credit for service hours that applies to a certificate or degree program.
- Court Ordered - Individual that is ordered by court or other law enforcement authority to serve community service hours. While the Greenville office does not accept court-ordered service hours, they may be completed at My Sister’s Closet.
Group volunteer categories:
- One-Time Group volunteers will complete a specific project as a group that is coordinated through Outreach. Example: A class wants to come and clean up the landscaping or plant flowers. This would be considered “one & done”.
- Special Projects Group volunteers for a special project that may take an extended period. Example: A group volunteers to replace the fence around the yard. These projects are coordinated through Outreach.
- On-Going Group volunteers that want to volunteer on an ongoing basis. This may include monthly cleanup of shelter, maintenance of yard, providing transportation for clients, etc. On-Going group volunteers are coordinated through Outreach.
WIN strives to make each volunteer’s experience meaningful while making a direct impact on our mission. Finding the right fit for our volunteers is equally important. Your unique talents will shine when you are matched to a role that utilizes your strengths and allows you to shine. Following are some of the areas in which we need volunteers
- Prevention Education
- Janitorial/Facilities Maintenance
- Special Events
- MSC Boutique & Resale Shops
- Committee Members
- Social Media & Marketing
For more information, please contact our office at 903-455-4612.